Thursday, October 13, 2011

and I HAD a friend....

In the past 2-3 months...I realized that "Change is the only constant thing in life", and I realized it the harsh way. Be it, the weather or your thinking process or people. Everyone changes. The following write up, a semi-fiction, is based on similar lines.

and I had a friend, who used to make me laugh...I had a friend, who used to make me talk.
It used to be always me talking and the friend listening...without me even thinking, how that friend must be feeling. When I look back now, it was always about ME, which is exactly where I went wrong.

and I had a friend who got a girl-friend... I also had a friend who got a boy-friend.
Priorities are bound to change and that changes the people too, but wait...they are in love and I seem to have heard somewhere that everything is fair and love and war. But does that also mean that you forget the old ones?

And FINALLY.... I had Friends who got new friends...guess it is very difficult seeing people close to you becoming close to someone else. The relation they once share with you is gone in a second and your place in their life is literally substituted with someone else. But wait... "No one can take your place in someone's life", for obvious reasons that, you are YOU and cannot be replaced by anyone else or some crap like that. But you suddenly become one in many.

I always believe that one should be friends-->good friends-->close friends-->Best friends. The worst part is when it goes in a descending order.

But its kinda disturbing to witness this in front of your eyes and literally being helpless about it...because by the time you can do something...it changes from "I have a friend" to "I had a friend".
You never LOSE that particular person..that person always remains BUT he has changed and so have you. It is not necessary that you need fights and misunderstandings to create a rift in relations. Insecurity, Expectations, Influence are capable of doing it.

So....I believe make new friends...meet new people...don't cry too much and curse "change" because somewhere even you have changed. If things are not working out..." Ignorance is ALWAYS bliss."....or you can always comfort yourself by saying something like,"Har ek friend Zaroori hota hai."

7 comments:

  1. So true...realizing this so early in life is a definite bonus Gaurav as it will save you a lot of heartache and also help you gain more friends whilst losing/keeping the existing ones..this reminds of me a beautiful comment made by Sushmita Sen in Simi Garewal's chat show..she said; "I'm glad that people have come into my life at the right time and also left it at the right one".

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Komal & Soumitra..

    Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sonal Bavadekar

    Thank you ma'am.. And I have learned this after a lot of heartache. And I completely agree with Sushmita Sen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "BUT He has changed, and so have you"........ I loved this part.......
    I seriously liked this ... really inspiring

    ReplyDelete